With Halloween and autumn’s peak officially in the rearview mirror, the majority of Minnesotans gleefully turn their attention to the long-awaited snowmobiling, ice fishing, and snowshoeing season. There’s just something truly magical about exploring Northern Minnesota amid falling snow with your loved ones. For those searching for a festive, scenic, and affordable mid-winter escape, look no further than Big Sandy Lodge & Resort. Our idyllic year-round getaway is home to some of the largest lake cabin rentals in MN, all within two hours of the Twin Cities.
Top 10 Reasons to Visit Big Sandy Lake This Winter
To ensure that your next respite to serene Big Sandy Lake is nothing short of flawless, we’ve compiled 10 unique reasons to choose McGregor, MN, this winter. Yes, we boast one of the widest collections of villas, lodge rooms, and lake cabin rentals in MN, but most guests choose Big Sandy Lodge & Resort because of our seclusion, affordability, and easy access to countless outdoor activities.
- Snowmobiling Trails: Many wintertime travelers are pleasantly surprised to discover that Aitkin County is home to over 600 miles of meticulously-groomed snowmobile trails.
- The Mystery Dinner: Magic, murder, mystery, and peppercorn strip steak—what more could you ask for?
- Big Sandy Lake Cabin Rentals: All of our newly-renovated cabin rentals feature fully-furnished kitchens, fireplaces, private decks, great rooms, and ultra-comfortable beds.
- Snowshoeing Pathways: Savanna Portage State Park, Rice Lake National Wildlife Refuge, and Libby Dam are three of the area’s most popular hot spots for snowshoers and winter hikers.
- Best Romantic Getaways in MN: Big Sandy Lodge & Resort has rapidly evolved into one of the state’s most underrated getaways for couples, primarily because of our heartwarming wedding facilities, lake-view cabins, and surrounding beauty.
- Ice Fishing: Depending on the season, anglers can hook crappies, bluegills, northern pike, perch, and walleye inside Big Sandy Lake.
- The Holidays: Don’t miss “Breakfast with Santa” or the “Holiday Shoppe” this December. It’s going to be a festive, snow-filled extravaganza for elves of all ages.
- Tasty Eats and Refreshing Drinks: If you don’t feel up to cooking a meal inside one of the top-reviewed lake cabin rentals in MN, slip on over to Bear’s Den Sports Bar & Grille for a quick bite, an ice-cold beverage, and some satellite entertainment.
- Family Reunion: Winter’s peak snowmobiling season is actually one of our busiest times for family reunions. And nothing beats sledding through uncharted territory atop fresh powder!
- Golf On Ice: One of the Midwest’s wackiest wintertime traditions returns in March.
Rustic Yet Modern Lake Cabin Rentals in MN
After each full day of adventure and exploration, retreat to Big Sandy Lake for a homecooked meal, a hot tub soak, and hot cocoa beside your private fireplace. Don’t forget to browse through our extensive collection of newly-renovated lake cabin rentals in MN before giving us a call at 218-426-5040. Each cabin, villa, and guest room is unique, but all guests can take full advantage of our hot tub, heated pool, sauna, on-site dining, and seemingly endless snowmobile trails.