It seems like every new month provides some sort of gift-giving opportunity. As soon as we get through the winter holiday season, we’re faced with another slough of gift-giving occasions. After Valentines Day, we celebrate Easter, followed shortly by Mother’s Day, then Siblings Day, Father’s Day, Grandparent’s Day. Furthermore, we also have to take all the birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, and graduations into consideration. It’s almost as if you could justify buying any of your loved ones a gift every other month! With so many joyous occasions happening seemingly every day, it’s not always an easy task to find meaningful gifts for your favorite people. The good news is that Minnesota getaways at Big Sandy Lodge & Resort are an excellent gift for any occasion and any time of year!
Northern Minnesota Getaways | A Quintessential Lake Resort
Whether you’re giving the gift of a Minnesota getaway to your friend, relative, or partner, they’ll have unfettered access to a whole gamut of recreational opportunities. Even before checking in at our Minnesota lake resort, guests at Big Sandy Lodge will find rustic beauty, rural charm, and scenic splendor at every turn. Many of our visitors will be spending a fair amount of time in and around the lake. However, there is a wide range of off-site activities to enjoy as well. We’re proud to say that our lodge and cabins make the perfect getaway destination for friends, families, and couples. Still, we encourage you to get out and do some exploring around McGregor, Minnesota. Whether it’s nature hikes in Savanna Portage State Park and Rice Lake National Wildlife Refuge or ATV adventures on Minnesota’s most extensive trail system, Big Sandy Lodge is your basecamp for excitement!
5 Things to Do in Northern Minnesota near Big Sandy Lodge
To say there is something for everyone in McGregor seems like a slight understatement. Some visitors want nothing more than to relax in their cabin, villa, or room. Others will want to make the most of their time by doing every activity imaginable. We’ve found that most people fall somewhere in between. Either way, here are some of the most popular things to do in our neck of the Northwoods:
- Fishing – Whether from our fishing dock or a boat, fishing on Big Sandy is a big draw. There are also several other lakes around the area to explore.
- Hiking – On-site walking trails and the nearby parks provide the perfect opportunity for hiking.
- Recreational rentals – From pontoons to paddle boats, our rentals page has everything for a perfect family afternoon.
- Day trips to McGregor – Although McGregor is relatively a small city, visitors are always amazed at how much there is to see and do. Check out the McGregor Chamber of Commerce website for more information.
- Relax and enjoy – The most popular thing to do in Northern Minnesota is to have fun, relax, and repeat!
Much More than a Northern Minnesota Lake Resort
When you book a stay for a loved one at Big Sandy Lodge & Resort, you’re giving much more than a Northern Minnesota getaway. From fishing to four-wheeling, there’s no such thing as a dull moment at Big Sandy—unless you’re ready for a nap from all the excitement! For more information or to learn more about booking, please reach out to us online or call 218-426-5040.